How We Began
On Sunday, November 27, 1955, a small group of people met at Grange Hall (near the Acme parking lot) in Haddonfield to hold the first worship service of what was then Covenant Bible Presbyterian Church. This little group soon called Dr. J. Oliver Buswell, Jr. as their interim pastor, who served until Rev. Jay Adam’s became our first pastor in 1956. That same year, the name of the church was changed to Covenant Presbyterian Church and became affiliated with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (Later to be called the Reformed Presbyterian Church, Evangelical Synod).
Land was purchased just outside Haddonfield in Cherry Hill, and on October 5, 1958, the first worship service was held in the new building (which is now the gym). Over the years there have been several expansions that represent our present facility. In 1982 we were received into the Presbyterian Church in America.